Opens up more ways to play with use restrictions and guidelines
Additional protocols have been created to promote respectful use and manage site capacity including, shortened stays, and social distancing measures. WTMC will be following the recommendations of Pierce County’s move into Phase 2 of the Governor’s Safe Start re-opening program. Authorized activities must adhere to limitations in the Governor’s guidance.
Jenks Park Boat Launch is open to families within the West Tapps Homeowner’s Association per the By-Laws. Park hours are ‘as posted’ at the gate. Vehicles are not allowed to remain parked after the posted hours.
These services align with Governor Jay Inslee’s Safe Start Plan, authorizing increased access to parks for outdoor recreational outings.
Crowded parks and spikes in COVID-19 may result in future closures. As we follow the recommended guidelines by Pierce County we ask that everyone work together and abide by the below guidelines for safe and respectful use of parks, beaches, boat ramp, open space and trail use.
Please respect our Park Attendants as they are familiar with these recommended protocols and will be supporting the ‘safe distancing’ guidelines as recommended by Pierce County. Please contact our main office at 253-891-2729 with any questions or concerns.
WEST TAPPS MAINTENANCE COMPANY PARKS
- If you drive to a park and parking is not available, then the site is at capacity. Do not park in unauthorized areas or in surrounding neighborhoods. Please, Come back later.
- Keep your visit to two hours or less and limit visits no more than twice a week to allow use by all families of WTMC.
- Try to avoid peak hours of the day.
- Restrooms in the parks may not be open and Sani-cans will be provided and use will be ‘At Your Own Risk’. Please remember to bring enough sanitary supplies for you and your family or group. If the restrooms are open, any use of the facilities will be ‘At Your Own Risk’.
- Stay home if you are sick or at high risk.
- Stay six feet away from anyone who doesn’t live with you.
- Avoid contact with items that don’t belong to you.
- Wear a mask if you are going to be around others.
- Bring supplies with you to wash and sanitize regularly.
WHEN IN THE PARK
- Stay off play structures and out of picnic shelters.
- Only use sport courts with your own family and your own play equipment.
- Only one family or household group per picnic table. Please bring a table covering to use and take it with you when you leave.
- Stay in your family or household group and if you are using lawn space, make sure it is at least 25 feet from other families and groups.
- If two-way use occurs, provide proper distancing upon passage. Do not pass if a distance of six feet cannot be maintained
WTMC welcomes your support and suggestions in continued efforts to provide a safe and healthy community. Please email email@example.com or call the main office at 253-891-2729.
For Boaters: Pierce County Watercraft Regulations (Pierce County Charter Chapter 8.88):
Pierce County Website: